Plan Your Visit
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions regarding visiting and ticketing information.
Victoria Mansion and the Carriage House Gift Shop are closed for the season.
We hope to see you when we re-open in spring 2023!
Hours of Operation & Visit At-A-Glance
Victoria Mansion is closed to the public until spring 2023.
Tickets for our 2023 regular season are expected to be available in April.
- Advance purchase is recommended and encouraged.
- Masks are required on the Victoria Mansion property, regardless of vaccination status.
- Tour tickets are limited due to available standing space in the Mansion’s rooms. Please ensure ALL members of your party are included in your ticket count, including children under 6, as tour numbers are based on capacity.
- Large bags/suitcases and strollers are not permitted inside the Mansion for the safety of the original interiors and capacity limitations.
- Victoria Mansion is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter.
- Questions about your visit, parking, or purchasing tickets? Please check our FAQ.
- If you have questions about larger group tours, please call 207-772-4841 ext. 104.
*A small service fee is added to all tickets to defray costs of our ticketing service.
- Adults: $16.00
- Senior citizens (62 and over): $14.00
- AAA members: $14.00
- Students age 6-17: $5.00
- Children under 6: Free
- Family rate: $35.00
Family Rate applies to 2 adults and up to 5 children age 6-17 of the same household
- College students: $7.00 with valid ID
- Active military: Free with valid ID (please call 207-772-4841 to reserve)
- Victoria Mansion members: Free
* Please be sure to include ALL members of your party in your ticket count, including those eligible for free admission.
How to Purchase Tickets
If you have any issues with the ticket buying experience on this page, please call us for help at 207-772-4841.
We recommend tickets be purchased through our online system. A small service fee will be added to ticket orders.
Under the “Purchase Tickets” heading on this page, find our ticket system.
- There are 2 tabs on the first screen:
- “Get Tickets” shows a calendar.
- “Details” has a summary of the Mansion and tour safety protocols.
- Choose a tour date from the calendar.
- Available times for that day will show under the calendar.
- Select a time.
- Select the “Get Tickets” button.
- This screen shows a list of ticket types.
- Enter the number of each ticket type you need.
- Please ensure that ALL members of your party are accounted for, including children under 6. Children under 6 receive free admission, but must be part of the final tour count as tour capacity is limited.
Note: If you have a group larger than the ticketing service limit allows, please call first.
- Select the “Get Tickets” button.
- The next screen shows your order and total amount due.
- Choose if you would like your ticket texted to your phone or if you’d rather receive an email with tickets to print.
- Select the “Checkout” button.
- This screen shows a confirmation of your date and time.
- Read and accept the mask requirement waiver.
- Select the “Continue” button.
- Enter your billing and payment information on the next screen.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- Select the “Complete Order” button.
If you prefer to complete your ticket purchase on the ticketing site itself, a link will be available this spring.
Frequently Asked Questions
For information regarding our photography policies, accessibility options, group ticketing, and general visitation, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Victoria Mansion is located at 109 Danforth Street in Portland’s Arts District, just minutes from the Old Port and is air-conditioned.
Please be advised there are current construction projects happening around the Mansion this season. We advise you to allow a few extra minutes for travel time.
Map of current construction projects in Portland, Maine
Convenient on-street parking (1- and 2-hour) is usually available on nearby Danforth, High, State, Park, or Pleasant Streets. Metered parking spaces (on-street and lots) are also available within walking distance of the Mansion, as well as parking garages on Spring Street, roughly a 5-minute walk from the Mansion. Please note that there is no parking on the Mansion side of Danforth Street and that much of the parking across the street is limited to 15 minutes due to day school activity. We regret that there is no on-site parking at the Mansion. This parking map shows the timed parking in the Victoria Mansion area.
As we are located in a primarily residential neighborhood, it is possible that construction and maintenance may be happening nearby. We regret that we do not always have advance knowledge of some of these routine city activities and that it may impact parking and transportation. Visit Portland, Maine Parking for more information about city street maintenance. There is also a parking guide with information about types of parking, payment options, and garage locations and rates available on the Visit Portland website.
Visitors traveling by bicycle may utilize the bicycle racks located next to the Carriage House in the Mansion courtyard.
- From Interstate 295 (North or South) take exit 6A
- Follow Forest Ave up the hill until it ends
- Turn right onto Congress Street
- Turn left at the light onto State Street (second light)
- Turn left at the light onto Danforth Street
- Victoria Mansion is located on the left at Park Street
Arrangements can be made for handicapped drop-off. For more information call 207-772-4841 ext. 100.
Victoria Mansion is accessible from two of Portland’s bus routes. Route 1 stops at the intersection of Park St. and Congress St. just three blocks from the museum. Route 8 stops at the corner of High St. and Danforth St., just past the museum. Visit Greater Portland Metro for more information on route schedules and ticket pricing.